One of the prime goals of SEO is to optimize your site in a way so as it ranks higher in the various search engines like Google and Bing. The Apple iTunes App Store is also a similar search engine wherein people come and search for the best apps. There are plenty of app developers all over the world striving to create the best apps for a number of functions such as social networking, camera filming, photo editing, chatting, etc. However, in order to get noticed from among a range of similar apps, it is essential to rank high in the App Store search engine. This can be achieved by using skillful SEO techniques for Apple iTunes Store.
ASO, or App Store Optimization as it is called, is integral to the success of any app, without which even the best apps may fail to generate the expected response. Here are some guidelines on how you can make your app get noticed by users in the App Store.
- One of the best ways to optimize your app is to integrate social media sites like FaceBook and Twitter with your app. Offer bonuses and extra privileges if a user enables integration with these sites. Be short and precise in your marketing strategy, and use videos or images if possible.
- Create a video about your app that is simple, short and appealing, and speaks about your idea in the right way. Avoid using text in a video if that’s possible as it will help you to make your trailer international. Choose a catchy tune to go with your app that suits its basic theme. Submit your video on sites like Vimeo and YouTube and post your video link in numerous other places as well.
- Try to come up with a great icon for your app. Your icon is important as that will instantly speak volumes of what you have to offer. Use your imagination to come up with the best color combinations and character stylizations possible.
- While the above steps might get you a person interested in checking out your app, the following one will make him hit the download button. Post attractive screenshots of your app and present a short write-up that clearly describes it in an attractive way. Make sure to take screenshots that are of most value to the user.
- Choose a name that aptly describes your product and yet sounds catchy and has a good market value. Your chosen name can have a significant impact on the number of downloads you can have.
If you have released your apps in Apple’s iTune store, it makes sense to go for as app store optimization or ASO, in order to attract more visitors and downloads for your apps.